Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A good honours degree or equivalent, plus initial teacher training and a minimum of three months full-time, relevant, teaching experience. If you do not have relevant teaching experience, you can still apply for our campus programme, and you will study an additional non-credit bearing module The Classroom Practice of TESOL at no additional cost.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.5.
Months of entry
If you teach English to speakers of other languages and want to continue your personal and professional development, enhance your abilities and become an expert in your field, postgraduate study is your next step.
On this MA Applied Linguistics and TESOL degree course, you’ll take your qualifications to Master’s level – whether you choose to study full-time, part-time, or part-time via distance learning – and develop your expertise in fields that interest you the most.
You'll enhance your teaching skills too, so when you graduate, you'll be ready to take the next ambitious strides in your career.
- Develop the skills needed to teach English around the world, to speakers of other languages
- Expand your knowledge of the theories and methods used in linguistics
- Unpick the hidden systems and bias in the use of language
- Reflect on your teaching practice from theoretical and research-based perspectives
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time24 months
- Online learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Admissions Team
- +44 (0)23 9284 5566