A second-class honours degree in a relevant subject, or equivalent professional experience and/or qualifications.
English language proficiency at a minimum of IELTS band 6.5 with no component score below 6.0.
Months of entry
As the engineering industry changes, the need for managers with industry specific skills and experience grows. Prepare to lead others in the workplace and successfully manage engineering projects and processes.
Whether you want to prepare for a new role in engineering management or build on your existing engineering and management experience, this MSc Engineering Management Master's degree in London will help you get started.
You'll study topics across management and engineering, and develop your communication skills to improve relationships between engineers and managers. You'll explore supply chains and strategic management, alongside and engineering subjects such as renewable energy use and system ability.
By learning from lecturers with industry experience and using case studies to inform your work, you'll graduate knowing that your subject knowledge is practical and applicable in the real world.
During your final project you can explore an engineering challenge that matters to you, so you'll graduate prepared for your career in engineering design, product systems or management.
- Prepare for your career as a leader in the rapidly-changing engineering industry
- Explore current management and engineering topics and techniques
- Use industry-standard software to develop your skills in Advanced Excel Modelling, Microsoft Project and more
- Focus on an engineering management issue that matters to you when you choose your final project
- Learn to use your management skills to support engineering goals in your workplace
- Career planning
- During your course you'll have expert career support from our Careers and Employability Centre, your tutors and our Business and Law Career-Ready Programme. This support will continue for 5 years after you graduate.
- Career support
- You'll benefit from:
- - Networking events
- - Regular emails from the Career Ready Programme sharing job opportunities, application tips and events
- - Applied projects with companies such as IBM, Boeing and Hampshire County Council
- - Workshops to enhance your employability skills
- - Recruitment events including the Student and Graduate Opportunities Fair
- - 1-to-1 appointments
- - CV and cover letter advice
- - Interview preparation and practice
- - Support starting your own business
Careers and opportunities
Careers this Master’s prepares you for
You'll graduate from this MSc Engineering Management Master's degree ready to respond to the rapidly-developing engineering sector. You'll have the management and engineering skills to succeed in roles across engineering, whether you want to work in project management, quality assurance or production.
Having built your professional network throughout your degree by connecting with fellow students, lecturers and professionals, you'll be ready to develop your engineering management career after this course.
As part of your final project you'll explore a professional aspect of engineering management. This will be a topic that interests you and can link directly to your future work — past projects in this area include cost projections of going independent of the national grid with renewable power, and a cost/benefit analysis of setting up solar farms in Nigeria.Graduates of this course can go onto roles such as:
- business operations specialist
- project manager
- production engineer
- creative director
- quality assurance engineer
- production engineer
Graduates from similar courses have also set up successful businesses with help and support from the University.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12, 16 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University Admissions Centre
- +44 (0)23 9284 5566