- Undergraduate Degree – Minimum 2:1 or the equivalent from an overseas institution*
- Degree Discipline – Any degree discipline, but must have a satisfactory level of numeracy
- GMAT – We may ask you to submit a GMAT score if we think it appropriate in your individual case. For example, if you have been out of education for more than a few years or have little evidence of any numerical ability. For information on the GMAT and the location of test centres worldwide, please visit www.mba.com
* Please note that due to increasing competition for places on our Masters programmes our entry requirements may change.
We operate a rolling admissions system and you are therefore advised to apply early in order to be sure of your place on our programmes. We experience high levels of demand, and it is possible we might have to close applications to some programmes once places are filled.
Months of entry
This Masters course is tailored to the needs of the rapidly evolving financial markets, providing you with an insight into new innovations in the area of risk management. The financial system has undergone major restructuring in preparation for the new regulatory frameworks, affecting existing roles and creating different skillset requirements within risk management divisions of financial institutions.
Through our long-term academic partnerships and accreditations by leading professional bodies, the MSc Financial Risk Management offers a rigorous learning experience, combining a practice focused approach and current market intelligence. You will also benefit from exemptions to professional certifications from leading professional bodies worldwide.
The MSc Financial Risk Management is accredited by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP). The curriculum integrates applied academic knowledge to industry needs and is mapped to the GARP FRM Part I qualification, offering you insights into the latest professional practices in Risk and a significant competitive advantage in your career journey.
- Enhance your career prospects in one of the most sought after areas of finance
- Study one of the most recognised risk management Masters courses in the UK, which is accredited by the Global Association of Risk Professionals (GARP)
- Enrich your risk management expertise with a syllabus covering a major part of the GARP FRM Part I qualification
- Focus on highly specialised topics such as market risk, financial instruments and credit risk
- Benefit from the programme’s affiliation with the CFA Institute, as well as additional professional exam exemptions from PRMIA and CISI
- Enhance your employability skills by undertaking a summer work placement as part of your study
Information for international students
Studying in a second language can be challenging. If your English language ability is below the minimum requirement, we may ask for evidence of proficiency. Alternatively, we may ask you to attend an English language course before you begin your studies with us.
Acceptance of LanguageCert Online and DuoLingo English qualifications
We appreciate the difficulties that some students are having with the availability of English Language tests, as the impact of the global pandemic continues. As a result of this, we are pleased to announce that we can now accept the non-SELT version of LanguageCert (which includes the online version) and DuoLingo as suitable English language qualifications. These can be accepted for direct entry onto Undergraduate (except Speech and Language Therapy), Postgraduate Taught (except Speech and Language Therapy) and Postgraduate Research programmes.
For information on individual programme requirements and other English language qualifications, please visit our English requirement equivalent page.
If you require specific advice on your qualification please contact admissions directly by e-mail or telephone on +44 (0) 118 378 5289.
UK visa requirements
Fees and funding
We offer a number of scholarships for UK/Home and International applicants. Please note that scholarship application is via the University of Reading applicant portal once an offer has been made. You can only apply when you have received an offer (conditional or unconditional). When you view your offer in the portal you will see the link to apply for scholarship(s) relevant to your offer.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time9-12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Henley Business School Recruitment Team