- An undergraduate honours degree in the first- or second-class range, or international equivalent, in a relevant healthcare subject
- a current role working in, or sufficiently linked to, healthcare in the United Kingdom
- evidence of being able to study at level 7 (master's level)
- the ability to meet the specific entry requirements of each module linked to accreditation (e.g. Independent Prescribing). You will need to meet these requirements to be eligible to study these modules
- a minimum of one year of relevant work experience, or sufficient evidence of how you will be supported if you do not have this existing workplace-based experience. This does not apply for modules that are designed to be studied in the first year of qualified practice
- a discussion with the admissions tutor prior to submitting an application if you wish to have previous academic credits recognised
See our website for further information
Months of entry
Enhance your knowledge and skills as a healthcare professional with our MSc Advancing Healthcare Practice.
Practising healthcare professionals can apply to study this flexible, taught, workplace-based master's degree, which combines a range of optional and compulsory modules to suit their learning needs. If you already have postgraduate academic credits from other healthcare-based courses — such as PGCert/Dip in Pharmacy Practice, PGDip in Physician Associate Studies, PGCert in Independent Prescribing, or another healthcare-related subject — you will be able to apply for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) to join the programme partway through.
Full MSc programme
If you are interested in studying the flexible MSc, the module options you choose will determine when you will be able to apply for the programme. For information on the other modules please see the programme structure tab at the top of this page or contact the admissions tutor at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss an appropriate modular learning plan. If you are interested in studying for an MSc in Advanced Clinical Practice, please visit the Department website.
MSc top-up programme only
For applicants who have 120 credits at level 7 in relevant subjects aligned to the programme learning outcomes, you can apply to join for our 60 credit MSc top-up programme. For more information on the MSc Top-up programme and upcoming enrolment options, please see our Department website.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- flexible36-72 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Or with prior learning typically 9-12 months
Course contact details
- Global Recruitment Team