About University of Salford
Come and visit us on an Open Day
Book on an Open Day to find out more about your subject of interest, discuss with academic tutors your personal requirements and career prospects, get advice on applying and fees and funding, and careers and employability, take a tour around the campus and see the specialist facilities for your subject area. You can also see our unique digital learning, teaching and research space at MediaCityUK. We have two open days available so book on the date that suits you.
The University of Salford is home to a diverse community of more than 3,400 postgraduate students, working with internationally-renowned academics and contributing to research projects that are recognised both nationally and across the world.
Once at the heart of Britain's industrial revolution, the University looks ahead to future opportunities in fields such as health, science, engineering, the built environment, art and design, media, music, law and business studies. In keeping with the pace of change in our contemporary world, we have our new campus in MediaCityUK, Salford Quays, next to the BBC and Europe's leading facilities in high performance digital production.We are an international community, with students and staff from more than 100 countries. We offer first rate opportunities in carefully defined fields of expertise, strong student support and a lifestyle enhanced by the great city of Manchester, just ten minutes from our main campus.
Find out more contact our course enquiries today
Telephone: +44 (0)161 295 4545
Find the course for you.
Fees and funding
At Salford we recognise the investment you are making in your studies and we are committed to help you achieve your career goals.
We are pleased to announce our generous funding package to support you through your postgraduate taught study. Our funding package includes:
- £1,500 discount on tuition fee if you have a 2:1 Honours degree (For home/EU students full time study)
- A loyalty discount 25% off the net fee if you are a Salford graduate
You can find out more on our funding package including what we have on offer for part-time study, International students and for our prestigious MBA at our Open Day and on our website.
Our academics, current students and alumni are the people who will impact and influence your postgraduate study at Salford.
The Knowledge - Our academic staff talk about their research interests and industry links, and how they influence course content
The Potential - Our current students give their insight into life at Salford, and what it’s really like to study a particular course or research topic
The Success - Our alumni share how they are making an impact in their chosen careers, and how Salford helped them achieve their goals.
We strongly believe in research that has a real-world focus and makes a difference to businesses and communities round the world.
The UK Government has recognised this. In the most recent national Research Assessment Exercise it found that 83% of the research we submitted was of 'internationally recognised' standard. This puts Salford firmly in the top third of research universities in the UK. What's more, 43% of our work was judged to be 'internationally excellent' or 'world leading'.
For our students this means that their tutors and supervisors are researchers of a high standard with experience of developing projects that are influential and cutting edge. Their knowledge is at the forefront of their sectors and this directly benefits the students they teach.
We're only a mile and a half (3km) from Manchester city centre - so close you can walk. The University is on the doorstep of one of the most exciting cities in the UK and part of the biggest student population in Europe, with over 100,000 students. Whatever your interests, Manchester offers something for everyone.
MediaCityUK is a huge, £500m development that houses six national BBC departments including Sport and Children's, alongside large numbers of smaller independent creative businesses.
The University of Salford is part of this major creative centre. We have over 31,000m2 which is filled with equipment and learning spaces unrivalled in any other UK university.
Facilities include digital performance labs, HD TV studios and post-production suites where 1,600 students and researchers are located right alongside the BBC.
The University of Salford at MediaCityUK is the perfect place for postgraduate students to learn, conduct research and make contacts within industry. Find out more about our innovative digital hub at MediaCityUK.
Enhancing your employability
Salford postgraduates are highly employable and valued in the professional and academic world. Our successful alumni are testament to how studying at Salford has progressed their careers.
The University boasts an excellent Careers & Employability Service which helps students find employment while studying and upon graduation.
Postgraduate life at Salford
- Accommodation - As a University of Salford postgraduate student, you are guaranteed University or University partner accommodation for your first year.
- Library, ICT and learning facilities - You'll have access to three library sites with 900 PC work stations and additional PC suites around campus. Two of our PC suites are open 24 hours a day and the Clifford Whitworth library is open Monday to Friday until midnight during term time and 24 hours a day during the examination period. There are print-based library resources, a huge collection of electronic databases and journals which are available both on and off campus.
- Students' Union - The Students' Union acts as your voice at the University, campaigning for change to make a positive difference to students' lives. When you start at the University you will automatically become a member of the Students' Union with access to a range of services and facilities, from clubs and societies to an Advice Centre which offers free, independent and confidential advice on areas like academic issues and finance. Joining our postgraduate association is a great way to meet other postgraduates at one of the many social events and trips held throughout the year.
- Student support - The Student Life team provides a range of support that is tailored to your needs on each campus site. The team deals with issues from finance worries, visa issues, disability and equality to work and career opportunities and personal welfare. Student Life is based in University House - right in the heart of the campus - and has a bright, relaxed atmosphere that is welcoming for all our students.
- Childcare - The University has its own nursery, run by Busy Bees Childcare, right on campus. Places are available for children from three months to five years of age and can be booked on a sessional (minimum one half-day) or full-time basis. We can also provide information, advice and guidance to students who have families to support.
You can visit the University on our Open Days - it's your chance to have a close look at the campus, facilities and accommodation, find out more about the course you wish to study and meet our academic tutors.
Courses at University of Salford
- Construction Management
- Real Estate Development
- Creative Writing: Innovation and Experiment
- Film Screenwriting
- Advanced Practice (Health and Social Care)