This programme is suitable for individuals who already have a BSc (Hons) in a health related subject (such as sports science, physiotherapy, Occupational therapy) who are looking for a career change with opportunities for employment in health services as a podiatrist, research / academic posts or commercial posts related to podiatry. The programme requires individuals who are committed to academic, personal and leadership skills development.
Months of entry
This is a unique podiatry programme at master’s level leading to Health and Care Profession Council registration.
Podiatry is the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of foot and lower limb disorders, many of which are caused by general health disorders. You will use comprehensive assessment and diagnostic skills to develop patient care pathways for conditions which impact on people's quality of life.
- Gain the qualification required for Health and Care Professions Council registration
- Acquire the reflective, critical thinking, reasoning and problem-solving skills that are essential to professional practice
- Develop advanced knowledge, skills and attributes to escalate your professional and academic development
- Develop your practice throughout your time with us, in our clinic and on placement
- Have the opportunity to develop a business case as an option in your final year
Information for international students
If you are an international student and not from a majority English speaking country, you will need IELTS 6.5 with no element below 5.5.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University of Salford
- +44(0)161 295 4545