BSc (Hons) 2:2 or above in a health related subject.
This programme is suitable for individuals who already have a BSc (Hons) in a health related subject (such as sports science, physiotherapy, Occupational therapy) who are looking for a career change with opportunities for employment in health services as a podiatrist, research / academic posts or commercial posts related to podiatry. The programme requires individuals who are committed to academic, personal and leadership skills development.
Months of entry
Podiatry is the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of foot and lower limb disorders, many of which are caused by general health disorders. You will use comprehensive assessment and diagnostic skills to develop patient care pathways for conditions which impact on people's quality of life.
This is a 3 year full time programme in which you will be developing practical skills with patients from the first semester (in the University in-house clinics) and then on placement within health services in subsequent years. The placements will be in wide variety of specialisms and you will be supervised by experienced and specialist podiatrists.
- Gain the qualification required for Health and Care Professions Council registration
- Acquire the reflective, critical thinking, reasoning and problem-solving skills that are essential to professional practice.
- Learn the practical skills and knowledge to enable you treat patients safely.
- Develop your practice throughout your time with us, in our clinic and on placement
Information for international students
International applicants will be required to show proficiency in English. An IELTS score of 6.5 (no element below 5.5) is proof of this. If you need to improve your written and spoken English, you might be interested in our English language courses.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University of Salford
- +44(0)161 295 4545