You’ll be an engineering, mathematics or science honours graduate with a 2: 1 degree. You’ll also need to have excellent mathematical notation and basic computer programming skills.
You’ll need to provide a statement about your proposed work placement addressing the following questions:
- Tell us about the industry you want to work in.
- How does control and systems engineering relate to this industry?
- What do you hope to contribute, as a placement student, to this industry or company?
You may also have a telephone or Skype interview with the admissions tutor.
Months of entry
This version of our flagship course includes a 12-month work placement. In the first year, you’ll take basic and advanced modules. In the second year, you’ll put your knowledge and skills to work.
We’ll give you training in research skills. You’ll carry out an extended research project with a dissertation. You’ll also write a report and give a presentation based on your work placement.
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses
Information for international students
Overall IELTS score of 7.5 with a minimum of 6.5 in each component.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
- +44 (0)114 222 5644