A 2:1 honours degree in Electronic Engineering, Computer Science or Physics field from a good UK university or an equivalent international degree qualification.
We will also consider your application if you have a 2:2 or equivalent, or industry experience.
Months of entry
Study the dynamic field of efficient information transfer around the globe. We teach this course jointly with the Department of Computer Science so you get up-to-date knowledge and understanding.
- Network and Inter-Network Architectures
- Network Performance Analysis
- Data Coding Techniques for Communications and Storage
- Advanced Communication Principles
- Mobile Networks and Physical Layer Protocols
- (either) Foundations of Object-Orientated Programming (or) Object-Orientated Programming and Software Design
- Major Research Project
Examples of optional modules
- Computer Security and Forensics
- 3D Computer Graphics
- Software Development for Mobile Devices
- Cloud Computing
- Advanced Signal Processing
- Antennas, Propagation and Satellite Systems
- Optical Communication Devices and Systems
- Computer Vision
- Broadband Wireless Techniques; Wireless Packet Data Networks and Protocols
- System Design
Teaching and assessment
We deliver research-led teaching from our department and Computer Science with individual support for your research project and dissertation. Assessment is by examinations, coursework and a project dissertation with poster presentation.
Information for international students
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nathan Porter
- +44 (0)114 222 5442