To take one of our MA courses you must have one of the following:
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree (we will consider a 2:2 if we are sufficiently impressed by your potential).
- An alternative qualification approved by the University as degree equivalent.
- Substantial previous work experience in a media-related role.
Months of entry
Due to high demand our MA Global Journalism starting in September 2019 is now closed to new applications.
This far-reaching journalism degree combines research on media practice and freedom around the world with some practical newswriting experience and events. Students have recently visited BBC studios and conferences, and collaborated with the European Parliament. Join up and you’ll look at journalism within the context of globalisation, comparing and contrasting media practice around the world, immersed in vital discussions around the relationship between media, society and government – at a hugely critical moment for freedom of expression.
We teach through lectures, seminars, workshops and research exercises.
You’re assessed by essays, examinations and a dissertation.
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses
Information for international students
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
- +44 (0)114 222 2500