To take one of our MA courses you must have one of the following:
- A 2:1 undergraduate degree (we will consider a 2:2 if we are sufficiently impressed by your potential).
- An alternative qualification approved by the University as degree equivalent.
- Substantial previous work experience in a media-related role.
Months of entry
This far-reaching journalism degree combines research on media practice and freedom around the world with some practical newswriting experience and events. Join up and you’ll look at journalism within the context of globalisation, comparing and contrasting media practice around the world, immersed in vital discussions around the relationship between media, society and government – at a hugely critical moment for freedom of expression. Our annual International Journalism Week is a focal point, with high-level discussions led by media professionals, researchers and campaigners from around the world.
Please see our University website for the most up-to-date course information: https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/postgraduate/taught/courses
Information for international students
English language requirements
Overall IELTS score of 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component, or equivalent.
For more information about entry requirements for international students, please visit https://www.sheffield.ac.uk/international/applying/postgraduate-taught
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
- +44 (0)114 222 2500