A 2:1 honours degree (or equivalent) in any subject or an approved professional qualification.
Months of entry
This programme will explore the financial management of a range of organisations.
The first semester will set the scene with foundation modules, then you will be guided into more advanced material. On graduation, you will be fully equipped to take on an advanced accounting or financial management role in a variety of organisations.
The special emphasis on governance means that this masters is ideal if you want to be a financial manager in an organisation or if you want to go into financial services, as an auditor, for example.
Like all our masters, this programme will combine rigorous academic work with practical experience. Through seminars, group work, real-life case studies and a dissertation, you’ll develop the skills – and the judgement – to practise financial management in any sector.
- Corporate Governance
- Management Accounting
- Financial Accounting and Financial Statement Analysis
- Research Methods for Finance and Accounting
- Financial Management
Examples of optional modules:
- Four of the following:
- Quantitative Methods for Finance and Accounting
- Corporate Finance
- Philosophical Perspectives on Accounting, Financial Management and Finance
- Comparative Finance and Financial Services
- International Financial Reporting
- Performance Management
- International Corporate Governance
- Supply Chain Accounting and Finance
- Portfolio Management and Investment
Lectures, seminars, case studies, group work for collaborative learning, and web-based discussion groups.
- Practical work and presentations;
Information for international students
Overall IELTS grade of 6.5 with 6.0 in each other component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Admissions Tutor
- +44 (0) 114 222 3349