Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
- An undergraduate degree or an equivalent professional qualification or extensive experience in a related field.
- Two references uploaded with your application – providing referee details alone is not sufficient.
- An enhanced DBS check and any disclosed police record will be assessed in line with the USW Fitness to Practice process and the requirements of HCPC, to check the potential of successful professional registration with the Regulator upon graduation from the course.
- One year's full time (or equivalent) relevant experience which may include paid or voluntary work and experience gained through caring responsibilities in your personal life.
- Ability to provide evidence of sufficient life experience, intellectual and emotional capacity to cope with the demands of the course.
- A current and ongoing arts practice, including the use of art for personal expression of thoughts and feelings.
- If your first language is not English, you'll need to have achieved IELTS of at least 7.0 or equivalent with no element below 6.5, as stipulated by the HCPC at the point of application.
Months of entry
The part-time MA Art Psychotherapy course at the University of South Wales provides you with the fundamental training and skills to become a qualified Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) Art Psychotherapist. You may be a graduate or already working in a related area and looking to qualify professionally and work in art therapy.
On the MA Art Psychotherapy course, you will benefit from training alongside trainee Music Therapists as well as participating in experiential and supervision groups. In addition, you will go out on placement in supervised and University-approved placement settings in the second and third years, and a pre-clinical experience placement in the first year.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Enquiries and Admissions
- 03455 76 77 78