Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
About University Of St Andrews
The University of St Andrews is Scotland’s first University. Year on year some of the worlds’ brightest and most promising students come to study with us, enriching their future and ours. Over six centuries of experience give us a deep understanding of what students want and need to succeed in today’s professional world and our graduates go on to help shape the world and are in high demand by employers due to the quality of the skills and education developed as a student with us. Whatever your ambitions may be St Andrews will help you to realise your potential.
St Andrews has a close-knit postgraduate community which encourages personal development. Research excellence is supported by the internationally renowned academics that are employed at the University.”James, PhD Scottish History, Worcester, UK
- First in the UK according to The Times and Sunday Times Good University Guide 2022.
- First and best student academic experience in the UK for 11 of the last 14 years, voted by students in The National Student Survey 2021.
- 96% of students in work or further study within 6 months of graduating – Higher Education Statistics Agency.
Find your Future
Our programmes are challenging, highly acclaimed and will leave you with a prestigious qualification recognised and sought after by employers around the world. Whether you are looking for a comprehensive taught course, or a deep research based degree, our programmes will set you on the path towards achieving your ambitions.
My choice for studies was based on where I would best be able to hone my research skills, and St Andrews is very well regarded for Mathematics. St Andrews also has a unique postgraduate experience and a tightly knit community.
Sanil, MSc Applied Statistics and Datamining, Curepipe, Mauritius
The St Andrews Experience
- The whole town is your campus – Our town and University have grown together giving us a unique history and relationship. This level of integration gives you a sense of community and belonging that will make you feel like part of more than just a university.
- A close and supportive community – As a smaller university our size allows us to make sure you get the attention, help and support you need in all aspects of university life. Whatever you need, it won’t be far away in St Andrews.
- A rich history and a modern outlook – History is all around you at St Andrews offset by our modern programmes, state of the art facilities and cutting-edge expertise. Your degree will benefit from the experience and understanding of over six centuries of history.
- Great connections to the rest of the world – Our location has everything you need for a rewarding and memorable student experience, but should you want to get out and about, there are quick and easy transport links to the rest of the UK and beyond.
I choose St Andrews for the flexibility in the programme and the town. I like the environment and living here makes it a safe experience as well.
Mansi, MSc Computing and IT
- Access to our dedicated Careers Centre from day one and beyond to help you achieve your ambitions.
- A global network of alumni offering access and advice on reaching your career goals.
- Internship and work placement opportunities in Industry around the world to help you get a head-start on your career path.
- Links with leading researchers around the world.
- Supplement your studies with our professional skills curriculum developed specifically for students, and give yourself the tools you need to succeed.
We would love to welcome you on a visit to St Andrews in one of our online Masters information events. We run regular virtual events in the following areas:
- Masters Programmes at St Andrews – Open to anyone interested in postgraduate study, book your place on one of these events to hear all about the postgraduate student experience, programmes and life at St Andrews, as well as ask any questions you have.
- TESOL Virtual Events – If you are interested in our programmes in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages (TESOL), these events will give you all the information you need as well as the opportunity to ask any questions you have.
- Ask a Student – If you would like to get in touch with some of our current postgraduate students and hear their perspective you can send them a message using our online question form.
I chose St Andrews for the strength of the programme. Film Studies is small and research-focused; each professor’s research really influences their teaching. The size has also allowed me to take on more responsibilities and gave more opportunities than I would have had elsewhere. The connections I have made will be valuable going forward.Sarah, MLitt Film Studies, Colorado, USA
Choose the session that fits your schedule best and join us to discover more about being a Postgraduate student at St Andrews. It has never been easier to get in touch and find out more about what the University of St Andrews can do for you.
We hope to hear from you soon.
The staff at St Andrews are welcoming, accessible, and expert in their fields. I have been able to develop my interests and gain further opportunities in the field.Rayna, MSc Health Psychology, New York, USA
- 01334 462150
- St Katharine’s West
- 16 The Scores
- St Andrews
- KY16 9AX
- Social media accounts