A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.
Please note: If you are a student from overseas and applying with a Tier 4 student visa, we unfortunately can not accept your application for this course as it falls into the category of being part-time, delivered online or a distance learning course.
Months of entry
This online learning public relations course was specially created to provide access for those whose work or domestic commitments prevent them from attending a full-time course. In recognition of the special requirements of online learning, support networks have been set up in the form of a student network, academic tutors and residential schools.
The course develops a critical appreciation of the role of public relations in contemporary society as well as key analytical, management and communication skills. The course marries vocational skills, tested through practical exercises, and theoretical knowledge.
By the end of the course you should have mastered the skills needed to work at a managerial level in the public relations industry. You should be able to:
- Analyse environments, issues, organisational cultures and relationships relevant to an organisation’s reputation
- Set objectives, design and implement public relations programmes
- Carry out research and evaluation including opinion polls and be able to commission market research
- Apply mass communication, media and psychological theories in a variety of contexts
- Analyse and make full use of digital media
Information for international students
If English is not your first language, you must provide evidence of your proficiency such as a minimum IELTS score of 6.5 (minimum 6 in each skill), or TOEFL: Listening 23, Reading 23, Speaking 23, Writing 23.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Dr Derek Hodge
- +44 (0) 1786 466215