A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2:1 preferred) or equivalent. Practical experience in a social care setting is essential. Registration with the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC) is a requirement for commencing and remaining on the programme (further information on how to apply will be provided to successful applicants who accept a place on the course). Enrolled students must also be a member of the Protection of Vulnerable Groups Scheme.
Please note: If you’re a student from overseas and applying with a Tier 4 student visa, we unfortunately can’t accept your application for this course as it falls into the category of being part-time, delivered online or a distance learning course.
Months of entry
The course gives you the opportunity to develop knowledge specific to your role and setting. At Stirling, we are at the forefront of contemporary practice and thinking. Relevant modules are recognised by organisations such as the Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC).
You can work towards our core Masters degree, the MSc Applied Professional Studies, or opt to specialise in one of the following pathways of study:
- Child Welfare and Protection
- Management and Leadership in Social Services
- Adult Services, Support and Protection
- Advanced Practice Skills
- Social Work Practice Education
Whether you work towards the core Masters or follow a pathway, you’ll find yourself studying under the guidance of an established and trusted teaching team. So wherever you’re hoping your career will lead, we can help you get there.
Information for international students
English language requirements
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS: 6.5 with 6.0 minimum in each skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 176 with minimum of 169 in each skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 with minimum 169 in each skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic): 60 with 56 in each component
- IBT TOEFL: 90 with no subtest less than 20
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Duncan Helm