A minimum of a second class Honours degree (2.1 preferred) or equivalent in a relevant subject. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply
Months of entry
This innovative course prepares you for doctoral studies and a career in Educational Research through a series of taught modules and a dissertation. Under the expert guidance of a team of leading academics you will learn the skills of research, from conception, through to design, methodology and data collection, to analysis, interpretation and dissemination. As part of the course you will engage closely with cutting edge research projects currently being undertaken by the University.
The course has been recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council as meeting its requirements for postgraduate research training, and it now forms part of the recognised pathway in educational research for the Scottish Graduate School in the Social Sciences.
The MRes is designed to equip you for a career in educational research or as preparation for doctoral study (as a 1 + 3 route to PhD). You will develop a range of research skills, and will engage closely with current research projects in Education.
The course will offer you:
- A structured taught course in educational research
- Excellent preparation for doctoral studies by research
- First-hand experience of current research projects
- The award of a Master’s degree
- A course recognised by the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC)
Employability is important focus of this course, The University of Stirling is committed to developing capable educational researchers as well as enabling you to improve your career prospects. We aim to:
- Recruit people with a good degree in social sciences.
- Enable you to undertake collaborative tasks and assignments.
- Enable you to successfully undertake a viable research project, relevant to existing interests in Education, and to fulfil your aims and aspirations for your future doctoral studies or work.
The Programme has been developed so that learning is blended through a mixture of classroom and digitally face-to-face study.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Janet McCurdie
- +44 (0) 1786 467937