You’ll need a minimum of a second class Honours degree in any subject, or an equivalent qualification. However, you can still apply if you don’t have these formal qualifications, but bring significant work experience in a relevant area.
Other routes of entry
If you don’t currently meet the academic requirements for this course INTO University of Stirling offers a variety of preparation programmes that can earn you the qualifications and skills you need for direct entry.
Explore INTO Stirling programmes to see the pathway and pre-masters routes available for this course and others at the University of Stirling.
Months of entry
Business Analytics focuses on understanding the data generated by individual organisations, and how it can be used to improve business practices.
As a conversion course developed in close partnership with industry, we welcome students from any academic discipline and you will learn to use powerful visual programming and scripting tools, such as Orange, R, Power-BI and Python. These tools will enable you to learn how to deploy statistical analysis, predictive analytics, text analytics and data-mining tools to provide clear actionable solutions for business leaders and influence business strategy.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
If you are from India, Bangladesh, Ghana or Nigeria please also check your country/region specific page for any additional, or changes to, English language requirements.
For more information on ways that you can meet our English language requirements, including options to waive the requirement, please read our information on English language requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University of Stirling