A good Honours degree in any discipline, or equivalent professional qualifications in a relevant subject from a university recognised by the University of Stirling.
Months of entry
This course will provide the students an opportunity to learn and understand how business is conducted in the international arena. The syllabus is designed to allow students to gain managerial skills to meet the challenges they will face in the global workplace. This is an international course with a professional approach that attracts applicants from a worldwide base.
The course structure is flexible and the choice of electives allows the students to obtain an MSc International Business degree with the recognised specialisms in brackets.
- MSc in International Business (Marketing)
- MSc in International Business (Finance)
- MSc in International Business (Human Resource Management)
- MSc in International Business (Information Systems Management)
Management is a key part of the University’s teaching and research portfolio. The University has developed an enviable reputation for delivering world-class business and management courses, and for undertaking internationally recognised research. The course provides an opportunity for students to learn and to understand the business opportunities of an increasingly interdependent yet diverse business world.
The aim of the MSc International Business is to incorporate the new dimensions of international business competencies. It is an innovative, rigorous and challenging programme that will give you a comprehensive grounding in the theoretical and empirical knowledge of international business.
The International Business course is specifically designed to achieve the following:
- An understanding of the relevance of international trade in today's business environment
- An understanding of the challenges and opportunities that result from globalisation
- A knowledge of the different approaches to managing businesses in the global environment
- An awareness of the emergence of new trading blocs and the pressures they inflict on business and managers
- An awareness of the ethical and environmental issues that have emerged as a result of globalisation and its impact on consumers
Fees and funding
Stirling Management School is committed to investing in academically talented students, enabling them to further their education with a reputable qualification from one of the many Postgraduate Degree Programmes on offer at the University of Stirling. There are various categories of funding available to support the cost of your studies at Stirling Management School.
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
|Written/ formal examinations||40|
|Written coursework / continuous assessment||20|
|Dissertation||33 (15000 words)|
Course contact details
- Management Education Centre
- +44 (0) 1786 467380