A minimum of a second class honours degree or equivalent. Applicants without these formal qualifications but with significant appropriate/relevant work/life experience are encouraged to apply.Other routes of entry
If you don’t currently meet the academic requirements for this course, INTO University of Stirling offers a variety of preparation programmes that can earn you the qualifications and skills you need for direct entry.
Explore INTO Stirling programmes to see the pathway and pre-masters routes available for this course and others at the University of Stirling.
Months of entry
We are here to help you prepare for a flourishing career in global business and offer you the option to specialise in International Business and Marketing or International Business and Entrepreneurship.
Throughout this Masters in International Business you’ll develop problem-solving and critical-thinking skills within the context of trading across national boundaries. By the end of the course you’ll have an expansive knowledge of how organisations operate across economies, currencies and regulatory frameworks. You’ll also become an expert in engaging with stakeholders from different cultures and working effectively with a multi-location team.
If you want to start your own venture, to develop entrepreneurial capacity in an existing organisation or to work in an international marketing function one of our optional pathways will target your skills.
The course covers core business subjects such as accounting, people management and strategy, in the context of international regulatory frameworks and business practices. It also emphasises ethical, environmental and sustainability issues, which are increasingly important within the global business environment.
As part of our commitment to flexible learning this postgraduate course in International Business also offers two pathways, MSc International Business and Marketing, and MSc International Business and Entrepreneurship. To graduate with one of these degree students choose from a selection of core and option modules.
There’s also the opportunity to undertake a project/internship with external clients. This allows you to integrate the knowledge and skills from your master’s degree to solve a real business challenge.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you must have one of the following qualifications as evidence of your English language skills:
- IELTS Indicator 6.0 with a minimum of 5.5 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C1 Advanced (CAE) 169 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Cambridge C2 Proficiency (CPE) 180 overall with a minimum of 162 in each sub-skill
- Pearson Test of English (Academic) 60 overall with a minimum of 59 in each sub-skill
- IBT TOEFL 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- IBT TOEFL Special Home Edition Test 78 overall with a minimum of 17 in listening, 18 in reading, 20 in speaking and 17 in writing
- Trinity ISE II Pass overall with a Pass in each sub-skill, ISE III Pass overall and in all sub-skills, ISE IV Pass overall and in all sub-skills
- Aptis (4 skills) CEFR B2 overall and B2 in all sub-skills
- Duolingo 95 overall with a minimum of 90 in all sub-skills
- LanguageCert International ESOL B2 Communicator - Pass with minimum 33 in each sub-skill
If you are from India, Bangladesh, Ghana or Nigeria please also check your country/region specific page for any additional, or changes to, English language requirements.
For more information on ways that you can meet our English language requirements, including options to waive the requirement, please read our information on English language requirements.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- University of Stirling