A first or good second-class UK Honours degree or equivalent overseas qualification in electronic, electrical or communications engineering, or a related subject from a recognised academic institution.
Months of entry
This full time course will cover the practical, theoretical and technological aspects of 5G Communications Systems as they evolve over the coming years.
You’ll gain expert knowledge of the latest technologies that will drive the next mobile, wireless and communications revolution, and evolve our current 4G environment to 5G communications enabled systems. Applications will cover robotics & autonomous systems, UAVs, immersive systems and augmented realities, health monitoring, cyber-integrated systems, and smart grids. Data handling of the expected 50 billion IoT (internet of things) devices coming on-line to monitor traffic, weather, environment, smart agriculture, and even when your fridge runs out of milk, will also be explored.
5G will provide greater capacity, improved reliability, support at higher rates of mobility, and wider geographical coverage, at even higher data speeds and throughput and many new services and facilities.
On the course you will engage with experts and specialists whose integrated knowledge will enable you to gain the skills, knowledge and expertise to be part of the definition of the next generation of mobile and wireless communications. These will include:
- Mobile & Wireless Standards (such as LTE, 802.11x,)
- Software Defined Radio (SDR)
- Software Defined Networking (SDN) Systems
- Internet of Things (IoT) Wireless Communications
- Big Data & Information Management
- Security & Cybersecurity systems
- Spectrum Access, & Dynamic Spectrum
- 5G Hardware Systems Design – FPGA & Microcontrollers
- Advanced DSP/Comms Systems; eg Massive MIMO
- Augmented Reality & Advanced Multimedia Systems
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Admissions