You should hold a degree validated by a higher education institution in the UK, or a degree of an equivalent standard from an institution from outside the UK. You also require:
- Higher (SCQF Level 6) English Grade C or above
- National 5 (SCQF Level 5) Mathematics Grade C or above
As well as academic qualifications, you need to have:
- evidence that you have experience of working with children in a primary school setting or related context
- an understanding of modern primary education
- an ability to relate to people
Learn more via the course page.
Months of entry
Teaching is undoubtedly one of the most rewarding careers you can pursue - you'll shape the minds of tomorrow!
This course is a professional training course which qualifies you to teach primary education. The qualification is recognised throughout the world and is regulated by:
- the General Teaching Council for Scotland (GTCS)
- the Scottish Government
You’ll learn the theories behind teaching practices and explore these throughout the year. You'll gain the skills necessary to become the best teacher you can be.
You'll also see the relevance of everything you're learning come alive while on placement. Classes are here on campus and you'll carry out three placements in two different schools throughout the year.
You must keep a portfolio of progress throughout the course. This prepares you for the continuation of professional development during your professional teaching career.
Qualification and course duration
Further details of qualification
36 weeks full-time including 18 weeks of placement experience.
Course contact details
- Education Courses Support Team
- +44 (0)141 444 8600