An applicant will be considered for admission who has already achieved an educational level equivalent to an Honours Degree. This educational level may be demonstrated by:
- An Honours Degree or an equivalent academic qualification;
- A professional qualification recognised as equivalent to an Honours Degree;
Applicants who do not meet the standard course entry requirements may still be considered if the application demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might be demonstrated by:
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be shown to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required;
- A combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning that, taken together, can be shown to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required.
Months of entry
MA Graphic Communication Design pursues a direct and in-depth connection between the ‘applied arts’ tradition of graphic design and a critical and creative approach to communication. A carrier signal, in any form of communication, is the baseline flow of information. It is continuously modulated to transmit messages; it refigures meaning. If music can be understood as a carrier signal for the twentieth century, both expressing and amplifying waves of cultural change, then graphic communication design reveals itself to be the carrier signal of the twenty-first.
MA Graphic Communication Design cultivates a considered stance towards visual and other media. Through this course, you will be challenged to simultaneously develop critical positions, through and about graphic communication design, and innovate its new forms. The curriculum synthesises research driven and hands on approaches to graphic and communication design.
Information for international students
The English language requirement for entry for this course is IELTS Academic 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each of the 4 skills (on one single test).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)20 7514 7023