Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
An applicant will be considered for admission who has already achieved an educational level equivalent to an Honours Degree.
- A relevant Honours degree; evidence of experiential learning equivalent to a degree; and normally at least one year of relevant professional experience (Relevant fields are: product design, three-dimensional design, furniture design, service design, interaction design, architecture, engineering and ergonomics);
- Applicants are also considered from related disciplines but portfolios from these areas must demonstrate some proficiency in industrial design skills, however, and demonstrate that personal and professional aspirations are compatible with the aims of the course;
- A professional qualification recognised as equivalent to an Honours Degree.
Applicants who do not meet the standard course entry requirements may still be considered if the application demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might be demonstrated by:
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be shown to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required;
- A combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning that, taken together, can be shown to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required.
Months of entry
MA Industrial Design develops students to take on strategic roles, identify and respond to trends, initiate new design approaches and thrive in multidisciplinary teams. Through project work, the course engages four design emphases: Enterprise, Publics, Discourse and Service. These disciplinary frames locate broadening professional practices and offer forward-looking conceptualisations of Industrial Design as a discipline that is open for exploration, advancement and challenge.
Information for international students
The English language requirement for entry for this course is IELTS Academic 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each of the 4 skills (on one single test).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)20 7514 7023