An applicant will be considered for admission who has already achieved an educational level equivalent to an Honours Degree. This educational level may be demonstrated by:
- A relevant Honours Degree or an equivalent academic qualification;
- Three years relevant professional experience.
Applicants who do not meet the standard course entry requirements may still be considered if the application demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might be demonstrated by:
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be shown to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required;
- A combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning that, taken together, can be shown to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required.
Months of entry
Material Futures is a two-year Masters course at Central Saint Martins College of Art & Design, dedicated to exploring how we will live in the future.
Through hands on making we explore emerging sciences and technologies, new processes and materials as well as current trends and behavioural insights to generate new design scenarios, speculations, artefacts and applications that will help contribute to a more sustainable tomorrow.
Some of the key themes we interrogate include trend forecasting and future insights, future crafts and materials, the convergence of science and design and smart or interactive materials. The course is divided into two units across two years.
Information for international students
The English language requirement for entry for this course is IELTS Academic 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each of the 4 skills (on one single test).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- MA by research
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Research Degrees
- +44 (0)20 7514 7444