- An Honours Degree or an equivalent academic qualification;
- A professional qualification recognised as equivalent to an Honours Degree;
Applicants who do not meet the standard course entry requirements may still be considered if the application demonstrates additional strengths and alternative evidence. This might be demonstrated by:
- Prior experiential learning, the outcome of which can be shown to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required;
- A combination of formal qualifications and experiential learning that, taken together, can be shown to be equivalent to formal qualifications otherwise required.
Months of entry
In its extended full-time mode MA Art and Science gives you the flexibility to access London's richly varied opportunities for work and study while maximising your personal and professional development.
MA Art and Science provides an extensive final unit of 120 credits (45 weeks) enabling continuous development and realisation of a significant programme of work. MA Art and Science supports and is shaped by:
- Exploration of the approaches of art and science to enquiry - how scientific ideas may inform and provoke the making of art, and how practices in art and science may correspond
- Development of knowledge of historical and contemporary contexts, practical processes, research methods and writing
- Learning from, and building, working relationships between artists, medics, mathematicians, anatomists, curators and other professional practitioners engaged in research that investigates art and science
- Student projects through the use of established links with institutions in London such as the Wellcome Trust, Hunterian Museum, Gordon Museum and Natural History Museum
- Development of current thinking on art and science towards further research
Information for international students
The English language requirement for entry for this course is IELTS Academic 6.5 with a minimum of 5.5 in each of the 4 skills (on one single test).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time24 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- +44 (0)20 7514 7023