BA (Hons) degree or equivalent academic qualifications, evidence of ability in art or design, some experience of architectural drawing is required, alternative qualifications and experience will also be taken into consideration. IELTS level 6.0 or above if English is not their first language, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking (please check our English Language requirements). Please note that this course is not an introduction to interior design. It is equivalent to the third year of a degree course, and prepares students for professional employment or further studies at MA level. Before joining this course, applicants must have some experience or complete courses in architectural drawing and model making. Applicants must also prove that they have undertaken preliminary research into how interior designers operate and what processes they use to develop a design proposal. We expect our students to be self-motivated, have good study skills and exhibit an enthusiasm for exploration as well as research.
Months of entry
Graduate Diploma in Interior Design at Chelsea College of Arts is a full time, one year programme. This course provides students with the skills and experience required for a career in the field of interior design, or further study at MA level.
Content: What students can expect
- To develop a flexible, open-minded approach to thinking about interior design or critically engaging with contemporary design approaches;
- to connect with interior design in a variety of ways such as designing, writing, visual communication and research;
- to explore the possibility of making narratives from interior design;
- to develop an open way of thinking about interior design, and give students the opportunity to critically engage with contemporary design approaches;
- to design small-scale interiors and explore new opportunities within existing architectural spaces;
- to be assigned a personal tutor who supports your development.
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Gavin Freeborn
- 020 7514 7751