Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Entry to this course is highly competitive: applicants are expected to achieve, or already have, the course entry requirements detailed below.
- An Honours degree at 2.1 or above in footwear design and/or production. Applicants with a degree in another subject may be considered, depending on the strength of the application;
- Equivalent qualifications;
- Relevant and quantitative industrial experience for a minimum of three years.
Months of entry
This specialist footwear masters level course gets students to challenge the concept of footwear design and push conventional notions of shoe design.
Why choose this course at London College of Fashion
- Where graduates have gone on to work: graduates of this course have progressed into a diverse range of roles within the industry at notable companies including Burberry, Celine, Puma, Adidas, Nike, Georgina Goodman, Hunter Boots and have set up their own brands such as Marko Bakovic and Phedre Calvados.
- Research recognition: this course is recognised for student research into innovative approaches to footwear design and manufacture.
- Equipment and facilities: students will have access to industry standard equipment and facilities as well as expert technician support.
- Focus on Cordwainers heritage: building on a wealth of heritage, the course puts an emphasis on the footwear tradition and craft that the Cordwainers heritage embodies and combines this with the latest technology.
- Sustainability: students are challenged to engage with specific social, political, cultural, and technological contexts that relate to their self-defined area of studies within the area of footwear, in order to develop new approaches to design practice.
Information for international students
IELTS level 6.5 or above, with at least 5.5 in reading, writing, listening and speaking Please check our main English language requirements.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time15 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 020 7514 7344/7582/7563