Entry to the MA is open to Honours graduates (minimum 2:2) in a requisite degree programme. Applicants with relevant equivalent qualifications and/or professional experience will also be considered. All applicants will be asked to submit evidence of their prior experience in filmmaking with their application, as well as a short treatment for one or more film projects they hope to realise during or after their studies.
Months of entry
The UWS Creative Media Academy is one of the higher education partners of the Scotland Film TalentNet.Work. This new degree equips aspiring and emerging filmmakers with the skills to transform their dreams into cinematic realities.
About the programme Designed for graduates and industry professionals, the course explores an advanced level of filmmaking. Delivered by award-winning fiction and documentary film-makers and academic practitioners, you will be mnurtured to develop your distinctive voice and original cinematic visions. Collaborative opportunities exist with our MA Screenwriting students, student directors, producers, directors of photography, sound designers and editors. This enables you to work with your peers in fully-fledged production teams, ensuring everyone sees their creative visions through to completion.
- Filmmaking in Context (20 credits) – film screenings, industry panels, and masterclasses by internationallyacclaimed directors
- Screen Production 1 (40 credits) – practical workshops with UWS lecturers and invited filmmakers Postgraduate Diploma (120 credits)
Core module: Screen Production 2 (40 credits). Students work in teams to produce a short film, supported by masterclasses and mentoring from School and industry specialists.
- Advanced Film Studies (20 credits)
- Screen Collaborations (20 credits)
- Working with Sound (20 credits)
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Nick Higgins & Sam Firth
- +44 (0)1292 886481 / +44 (0)1292 886426 or 0800 027 1000 (+44 141 849 4101 outside UK)