For the Master's you should have a good Honours degree (2:1) or equivalent in a relevant subject. A good standard of written and spoken English (IELTS 6.0 or equivalent) is required. You are also encouraged to apply if you have significant professional experience in a relevant subject. If you have a 2:2 class honours degrees (or lower) in a relevant subject: you can be registered for a Postgraduate Diploma. Successful completion of the Postgraduate Diploma at a good Pass level, allows you to progress to the Masters Programme. Offers are subject to an interview and portfolio review.
Months of entry
This exciting course focuses on the creative approach important to you, allow you to develop your interests and expertise in your preferred area within digital media and visual communications. You will enjoy the support and guidance of our staff of artists and designers.
- Computer Games Design
- Design for Advertising
- Graphic Communication
- Multimedia Design
- Video and Film Production
Employment opportunities include:
- Self-employment: Establishing yourself in your own business, or as a sole trader or freelance designer.
- A career in design, practice and/or industry in the UK and internationally.
- Advancement in current employment: education, public sector or the creative industries.
Typical modules include:
- Introduction to postgraduate practice
- Critical, contextual and theoretical enquiry
- Understanding digital and visual communication practice
- Creative enquiry
- Professional practice and enterprise
- Critical, contextual and theoretical frameworks
- Defining digital and visual communication practice
- Masters project
You will be assessed through a mixture of written assignments and creative studio projects. You will be fully supported during studio practice and tutorials to raise the quality of your work to Masters level.
You will gain the intellectual and creative confidence to enable you to embrace the challenges and rewards of the Global Digital & Visual Communications industry. Through the investigation of a personally designed project you will have the opportunity to develop skills and knowledge to a Masters Level, culminating in a showcase exhibition and portfolio. Opportunities exist to further develop your portfolio through PhD study within the department. From the 2010 cohort three students have progressed successfully to our PhD programme.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0800 953 3222