Students should have a good honours BA honours degree, normally with at least half of that Award in English. International students will need a score of 7 in the IELTS. Once a written application has been received (including references), the subject team may decide that an applicant requires an interview before a final decision is made on her/his application. Note: Please be aware that the MA English degree contains no modules in English Language or Linguistics: it is an advanced course in literary studies.
Months of entry
The MA English course aims to provide a stimulating intellectual environment that will enable you to build upon the interests and skills you acquired at undergraduate level. It features core modules in both advanced critical theory and research methodologies that will enhance your abilities in academic research, writing, and presentation, enabling you to meet the standards demanded by employers throughout your professional life.
"The module leader should be commended for running such an impressive course and for his clear concern that students achieve their potential." (2013 External Examiner comments).
- A distinctive themed focus upon literary genres, authors and adaptations
- Taught application of current theory and research methods
- A historical range from Romanticism to the present day
- Ideal for both career development and preparation for research degrees
- Led by academic scholars published in their fields
Information for international students
A minimum IELTS score of 7. Visit: www.wlv.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
|Assessment||What kind of work will I be doing? (proportionally)|
Course contact details
- Please see below for contact details
- 0800 953 3222