The entry requirements for the Certificate are:
- You will have normally occupied a position of management responsibility for a minimum of two years within an organisation;
- A first or second class undergraduate honours degree from a UK university or overseas equivalent, or a professional qualification and/or experience considered to be equivalent to the above;
- A reference from a tutor who has supervised your undergraduate studies and/or employer;
- If English is not your first language, a TOEFL score of 550 or above, an IELTS score of 6.0 or above or evidence of English proficiency equivalent to the above is required.
- You may apply for accreditation of prior learning (APL) subject to the guidelines set out in our APL Handbook. APL includes accreditation of prior certificated learning and /or accreditation of prior experiential learning. Applications are also welcome from individuals who do not possess the above qualifications but who have significant management experience and are able to demonstrate previous non-certificated learning equivalent to the above. In such cases, admission to the programme will be based on an evaluation of your ability to continue to benefit from and achieve the award.
Months of entry
The Postgraduate Certificate in Management Studies offers you the opportunity to gain an understanding of contemporary business and practical day to day management issues facing organisations both nationally and internationally.
This course is designed to develop your knowledge of key business functions and their relationship with the wider strategic and international environment.
The Certificate in Management Studies will enhance your career prospects in a number of managerial and operational roles across a wide range of international business sectors. The Certificate in Management Studies will provide the basis for further study in a range of professional subject areas such as accounting, marketing and human resources as well as further academic study such as a DMS or MBA.
Information for international students
TOEFL 550; IELTS 6.0; or equivalent English proficiency. Visit: www.wlv.ac.uk/international
Fees and funding
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- 0800 953 3222