- An honours degree of 2:2 or above.
- Grade C/4 at GCSE in English, Mathematics and Science (or equivalent).
- Department for Education Professional Skills tests passed in Literacy and Numeracy.
- School experience is desirable, but not essential prior to an interview. At interview, we will discuss relevant prior school experience or opportunities applicants have had to work with school aged children.
Please see the University website for comprehensive entry requirements
Months of entry
At Worcester, our PGCE in primary education is led by experienced academic staff with extensive research profiles, meaning your learning is shaped by those helping to shape education itself. With a range of career-enhancing subject specialisms for you to choose from, and personalised support that is tailored to meet your needs, you have the ideal environment to hone your skills as an inspiring and innovative teacher.
The Postgraduate Certificate in Education is not only an internationally respected route in to a career in teaching, it is also the start of a journey like no other.
- Worcester is one of the country's leading providers of teaching training, with an excellent reputation in this area. We offer a personalised NQT support package for all of our students
- The PGCE explores pedagogy, practice and wider issues of education and society, enhancing your prospects as a practitioner and potentially a future leader in the profession.
- With 60 credits at Masters level and a strong international reputation, a PGCE can take you anywhere, from Masters study to a job on the other side of the world
- You can either take the Early Years (Ages 3-7) route or the Later Years (Ages 5-11) route.
- Our PGCE gives you the option to take the PGCE Maths Specialist pathway and to become a Mathematics Specialist - this dual option is provided by only a handful of universities in the country.
- We are one of eight universities nationally to offer a PE specialist pathway choice, and the only university in the West Midlands.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01905 855111