Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
Minimum 2:2 Honours degree in Psychology. Other level 6 degree qualifications, together with appropriate experience, or substantial related experience alone, will be considered.
Please see the University website for more comprehensive entry requirements.
Months of entry
If you're passionate about therapeutic care, our Counselling MSc will bring you a step closer to a career in counselling or clinical psychology. You will strengthen your theoretical knowledge, debate issues and hone your research skills, all of which you can apply to your career in healthcare.
The course will prepare you for a range of therapeutic occupations across the statutory, private and voluntary sectors.
You have the option to study part-time, providing you with a flexible degree that can fit alongside your busy life. After you've completed the course, you'll be able to register for professional training or further study. Whatever your career interests may be, we will support you to become a confident and experienced counselling practitioner.
- Available as a full-time (one year) or part-time (up to six years) course.
- An opportunity to complete relevant work experience, or to obtain first level counselling skills qualifications alongside the course as a result of the block teaching format adopted.
- A combination of teaching methods including group seminars, lead lectures, individual tutorials and online resources.
- Staff with extensive experience in a range of psychology and psychotherapeutic settings.
- Progress to further study on a Clinical or Counselling psychology Doctorate courses.
You are taught through a combination of on-campus lectures and self-directed study tasks. All lectures are held on a Friday and Saturday, the date depends on your module choice. The days involve engaging with different learning activities, such as lectures, practical tasks (individual and/or group), discussion and reflection.
In addition, meetings with your allocated personal academic tutor and your research supervisor are scheduled when required and in line with the module handbook.
Information for international students
International students must hold a qualification equivalent to a UK first or second class honours degree.
The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component).
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12-72 months
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- 01905 855111