Before applying candidates should possess the following:
- An Honours Degree at 2:1 or above in a relevant degree
- GCSE English Language & Maths grade C/4 or above (or an acceptable equivalent)
- Satisfactory occupational health clearance
- Satisfactory enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check
- A minimum of six months contemporary, relevant practice experience (minimum of 10 hours weekly) verified by reference
Months of entry
The MA in Social Work delivers a professional qualification combined with an academic award. Successful completion of the course means individuals are eligible to apply to join the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) register which is a requirement in order to practice as a social worker in the UK. This course is approved by the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC).
Information for international students
Candidates whose first language is not English must have a minimum standard of English at IELTS level 7, with no element below level 6.5.
Fees and funding
Postgraduate Loans of up to £10,000 are available for UK students.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Admissions Office
- 01905 855111