Students will normally have a 2:1 classification in a sport related degree.
Months of entry
In the current climate, Sport has never been so important for both individual citizens and local Communities.
The Psychological and Social benefits of an effective Sports Programme are crucial in developing both mental and physical wellbeing. The central role of the Coach is crucial in helping others grow, learn and develop skills for the future. Sports coaching can be an incredibly valuable and fulfilling career for those who have an interest in helping others to learn and develop in their sport.
This new postgraduate course will help take your coaching to the next level by developing a deeper understanding of the theories that underpin your practice and the credibility of the evidence relating to particular learning and pedagogical approaches. Our learners regularly tell us that this course has revolutionised their approach to coaching.
The UK Government, UK Sport and Sport England have aligned their various strategies to place the coach as a key figure in providing support, growth and development to a wide range of people at various stages of their lifespan. ‘Coaching is Changing’ and the PG Cert in Sports Coaching enables you to develop your coaching whether you are more interested in elite high performance or community participation.
A Postgraduate Certificate in Sports Coaching is the perfect way to revisit and reflect on your own practice and develop the range of skills and knowledges that are now placed on a Coach in modern society.
This particular course features an in depth analysis of Athlete and Coach Learning as well as an extensive Professional Placement which enables you to develop your practice in an applied environment – either of your own choosing or facilitated through our extensive network of providers including our own professional sport franchises.
- Part-time study option allows you to continue working in your current environment whilst studying at a postgraduate level
- A modular structure allows you to study at your own pace visiting one module at a time
- Provides access to further courses: Postgraduate Diploma or Master's Degree
- Choice of assessment topic, so you can tailor your assignments to your personal and professional interests
- Professional Placement to apply contemporary research and theory to sports coaching environments
Information for international students
The IELTS score for international applicants is 6.5 (with no less than 5.5 in each component). Other English Language qualifications will be considered.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Dr Don Vinson
- 01905 855111