Applicants should have a good honours degree in English. Candidates with a relevant portfolio and alternative accredited learning are also invited to apply.
Months of entry
This programme is for you if you are already a committed writer looking to complete the first draft of a novel. You are keen to further develop your writing and research skills and learn about the publishing process and the role of the professional author in today's publishing environment. Learn from professional authors with extensive creative writing teaching experience and visiting industry professionals. Workshops include experimental collaboration with artists working in other disciplines at West Dean. Intensive study blocks foster an immersive atelier-style experience within the College's School of Creative Arts and allows for self-determination in independent practice.
What to expect
- Explore literary fiction in its varied forms
- Develop your writing, editing and critical skills
- Complete a first draft of up to 60,000 words in year one
- Redraft the first chapter of your novel for publication in a specially produced anthology
- Gain hands-on experience of the publishing process
- Learn how to build your author profile
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- Registry Office
- +44 (0) 1243 811301