Bachelor Degree (UK 2:1 or equivalent) in industrial design; engineering; architecture; urban planning and design, or another design-related discipline.
Months of entry
Growth in China will redefine patterns of consumption, production, and cultural appropriation domestically and globally for generations to come. As China-based companies shift to a designed-in-China strategy and international companies seek to design for the Chinese market, there will be a growing number of high profile design opportunities for Industrial Design Masters at a strategic level.
The MDes Industrial Design programme is for graduates or professionals with design or engineering backgrounds, who want to deepen their design and design research thinking. You will develop an appreciation for – and practice transformative approaches towards – design solutions, including products, interaction design and environment systems
During the programme, you will gain specialist knowledge and skills whilst broadening your design practice experience through individual research projects and final prototype development work for exhibition and manufacture.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY INDUSTRIAL DESIGN AT XJTLU?
- Benefit from the Department of Industrial Design's strong links with international Design studios and manufacturing companies, giving you opportunities for internships and first design commissions.
- Enjoy a broad creative programme with a wide range of design specialties and representations, depending on your interests and career ambitions
- Take advantage of Design competitions, study visits to Europe and collaborative Design projects with industry
- Earn a prestigious Masters Degree as a competitive step towards becoming a fully qualified designer in international studios.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries