UK upper second class honours (2:1) or equivalent - Bachelor Degree in life sceince or related discipline.
Months of entry
The MRes Molecular Bioscience programme provides a thorough understanding of the key principles and advanced approaches for studying biological processes at the molecular level.
The programme combines four mandatory modules which cover advanced biotechnology-related topics (such as molecular biology, protein biochemistry and drug discovery), and modules on post-genomic biology, bioinformatics and project management.
With a major focus on research project and specialised dissertation. Your studies will guided by a customised learning plan, taking into account your background, interests and career aspirations.
The programme also provides additional learning activities (such as Spanish, Chinese culture studies, career development, work placement, teaching assistantship).
The programme established in 2015 at School of Science，it has internationally respected principle investigators and excellent teaching and laboratory infrastructure. It offers both full-time (18 months) and part-time (36 months) enrollment options. For Part-time route, applicants from both the society and pharmaceutical/biotech companies on-job training can apply for the part-time enrolment route.
XJTLU-JITRI JOINT-SUPERVISION PATHWAY
This programme also offers XJTLU-JITRI joint supervision pathway which leverage the strength from both XJTLU and the research institutes and leading enterprises of Jiangsu Industrial Technology Research Institute (JITRI) to promote in-depth integration between industry, education and research. Through the unique training model integrating specialised module study, industrial research practice and dual supervision mechanism, we aim to cultivate cross-disciplinary talents who are innovative, application-oriented and with high-level international perspective.
Please click here to find more information about XJTLU-JITRI joint Master education.
WHY SHOULD I STUDY MOLECULAR BIOSCIENCE AT XJTLU?
- Learn from international academic staff with opportunities to work with them to carry out world-class research in a dynamic, transnational environment
- Gain a solid foundation to pursue PhD programmes in high-quality international and Chinese universities
- Benefit from XJTLU's strategic location near many biotechnology companies in BioBay, a national biotechnology hub with more than 400 companies with the opportunity for internships
- Enjoy prestigious scientific symposia, conferences and summer schools at the nearby Cold Spring Harbor Asia, giving you the chance to interact with world-famous researchers
- Earn a University of Liverpool degree that is recognised by the Chinese Ministry of Education.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.0 (5.0 in all skills) or TOEFL 80 or equivalent
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time18 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries