An undergraduate degree in a relevant field, such as: Telecommunication Engineering, Electronic Science & Technology, Electrical Engineering, Computer Science & Technology. UK: Upper Second Class Honours. China:1st tier universities: 75% or above; 2nd tier universities: 80% or above. North America: 3.0 cumulative GPA (out of 4) or 3.2 cumulative GPA in the final two years of your undergraduate programme. Other regions: Equivalent academic qualifications.
Months of entry
Multimedia and wireless communications is a rapidly growing area in the booming communications industry, with the potential to provide high-speed and high-quality information exchange between portable devices. New standards such as 3G and 4G for mobile networking enable many applications, including triple services for mobile networks, digital television, video streaming, interactive gaming, navigation services, and emergency and healthcare applications.
It is technologically challenging to deliver these multimedia applications and services efficiently over emerging diverse wireless networks. To meet this challenge, engineers need to have a deep understanding of wireless and multimedia technologies. This new programme aims to provide you with an understanding of the technical characteristics of wireless systems and multimedia technologies. It will cover advanced topics in wireless communications for voice, data and multimedia.
- Advanced Signal Processing
- Image and Video Processing
- Data Communication and Communication Networks
- Mobile Communications
- Multimedia Communications
- Coding and Cryptography
- Project Management
- MSc Project
- Renewable Kinetic Energy Technologies
- Power Electronics and Applications for Renewable Energy
Graduates of this programme will enjoy the benefits of both the highly-demanding market, and abundant research and application opportunities. You will have the necessary skills to enter careers in some of the most dynamic fields in image and video communications, and will typically be employed as: Multimedia system engineers; Multimedia system and information technology consultants; Mobile projects managers; Wireless and mobile communication consultants; Managers and team leaders in the communications industry.
- Taught in English by internationally recognised faculty in the field.
- Provides a degree from a globally-respected university.
- Excellent research facilities with advanced experimental equipment.
- Delivers you with the cutting-edge technologies that meet the real job market.
- Provision of abundant research opportunities to get involved in various national or industrial funded projects, e.g. 973, NSFC projects.
- Possible research publication in top international journals or conferences.
Fees and funding
XJTLU offers a generous scholarship of 50% of the total tuition fee for all full-time masters programmes. All applicants for September 2015 will be considered for this scholarship, based on academic merit, and no separate application is required.
Qualification and course duration
Course contact details
- PG Enquiries