Still recruiting throughout COVID‑19
About BAE Systems
At BAE Systems, we help our customers to stay a step ahead when protecting people and national security, critical infrastructure and vital information. This is a long-term commitment involving significant investments in skills. We also work closely with local partners to support economic development through the transfer of knowledge, skills and technology.
At BAE Systems, we provide some of the world’s most advanced, technology-led defence, aerospace and security solutions. We employ a skilled workforce of 87,800 people in more than 40 countries. We help our customers to stay a step ahead when protecting people and national security, critical infrastructure and vital information. We also work closely with local partners to support economic development through the transfer of knowledge, skills and technology.
If you want to help deliver cutting edge technology that really counts, we have the best in the business waiting to mentor you and help you develop a career where you’ll make a real difference. There’s a huge range of opportunities to inspire you and the options below will help you find the path that’s right for you.
As one of the world’s most innovative companies, we can offer you an exciting and fulfilling career. If you have the drive and enthusiasm to improve within your chosen field, you’ll receive the support you need to be creative and pioneering in all sorts of ways.
Passion. That’s our secret. You’ll need it here to be successful. We want you to see opportunity where others see problems and find a way through challenges that others can’t navigate. You’ll use our extensive resources and the skills you’ll develop to collaborate with your team and find solutions to real problems.
The BAE Systems graduate programme combines formal learning with valuable real-world experience, giving graduates the opportunity to develop in their chosen field from day one. BAE Systems place great importance not only on what they do, but how and why they do it. Their graduates are supported throughout the programme with training and mentoring, enabling them to make the very most of their talents and develop a career where they’ll make a real difference.
The Finance Leader Development Programme (FLDP)
The Finance Leader Development Programme (FLDP) is our five year fast-track graduate scheme, which seeks to prepare individuals to become finance leaders of the future through an accelerated programme of training and practical experience. The programme includes a structured and fully supported route to the highly respected Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA) qualification. It will also equip you with all the leadership and management skills necessary to become one of the finance function’s senior leaders. Starting salary of £30,000 per annum.
Summer Internships (12-weeks)
A Summer Internship at BAE Systems will give you invaluable insight into working life. If you secure one of the 100+ placements available across our UK business, you’ll receive on-the-job training, within a structured framework. It’s a great way to see theory in practice. We have a range of Business and Engineering roles available with a salary of £16,800 per annum pro-rata.
Industrial Placements (12 months)
If you have the talent, now is the time to prove it. We have approximately 60 one-year placements available each year and all offer you the chance to develop new skills and gain valuable industry experience in the real world. We have a range of business and engineering roles available with a salary of £18,000 per annum.
To apply, you’ll need to have a minimum 2:2 Bachelor’s degree in a related subject for our graduate scheme and on course to achieving a 2:2 for our undergraduate schemes, be eligible to work in the UK and be able to successfully achieve security clearance. This differs for Finance, you will need to be on course or have a minimum of 2:1 including 120 new tariff UCAS points or equivalent (excluding general studies).
engineering and manufacturing
East of England, North West England, South East England, South West England
How to apply
- Aplication submission - the first step is to submit your application online.
- Online test - we will invite you to complete a series of online tests. The Applied Intelligence Future Talent programmes will not involve online tests.
- Virtual interview – Applied Intelligence - Applied Intelligence Future Talent programmes only, this will involve gamified challenges, video questions and coding if relevant. (The gamified challenges will not be included for the industrial placement and summer internship candidates)
- Video interview - we will invite you to an online strength-based interview. Here you will answer a series of questions to help us find out more about you and your strengths. For Applied Intelligence Future Talent programmes only, a live video interview will be conducted from the team.
- Telephone/virtual interview – due to the current pandemic either a telephone or video call will be conducted. There will be no telephone or virtual interview for Applied Intelligence Future Talent programmes at this stage.
- Vetting - security and medical clearances, degree verification.
- Firm offer made - following all clearances received, start date confirmed.
- Start date - welcome to BAE Systems and the start of your exciting career.