- You’ll need a recognised professional qualification or a first degree in a relevant healthcare subject (minimum 2:2). Examples of these are; General Medicine, Physiotherapy, Radiography, Osteopathy, Chiropractic, Sports and Exercise Medicine, Nursing. Together with registration from a professional body e.g. HCPC, GMN, NMC, SOR etc.
- When you apply you should also include a Clinical Workplace Agreement (completed by the work-place supervisor/mentor, if they require this as a word.doc please ask them to email firstname.lastname@example.org), just to make sure you can meet all the clinical requirements of the course.
- To be able to undertake Imaging Guided Breast Intervention the applicant must demonstrate that they have suitable qualification/experience/insurance/PGD to be able to perform injections.
Months of entry
“Enhance your understanding of breast imaging with our highly bespoke master’s programme.”
Breast cancer is the most prevalent cancer among females in the UK, with one in two expected to be affected by cancer in their lifetime.
With radiologist shortages and an increase in health promotion and breast awareness, there is a huge need for Advanced Clinical Practitioners (ACP’s) in the workforce.
This course is aimed at professional practitioners such as Radiographers, Sonographers, GPs, breast clinicians as well as other health care professionals who work and have an interest in expanding their skills in breast imaging and breast health.
- Enhance your existing skills in identification and assessment of breast health issues.
- Attain application-specific skills in different aspects of breast imaging.
- Ensure safe and competent practice for entry to the profession as a reflective and critical practitioner.
Our bespoke programme allows you to tailor a course to you and your needs and caters for those on the pathway to move into advanced and consultant practice.Why study breast imaging at AECC University College?
- Limited UK universities are able to offer such a specialised skill and knowledge set that we offer.
- Develop as a practitioner who can meet the evolving requirements of radiographer led breast diagnostic services.
- This course accommodates progression into an advanced clinical practitioner (ACP) or breast consultant roles.
- Enjoy the flexibility to choose units that apply to your specific needs. Focus on select areas that you wish to build upon, enhance your clinical skill mix and take your career further.
Highly bespoke programme
Choose the modules that apply to the needs of your personal practise. For example, if you are working as a radiographer or sonographer you may want to focus on breast ultrasound, breast interventional techniques & mammography image reading.
If you are working as a breast nurse you may want to enhance your knowledge of clinical examination and communication.
If you are on the pathway to become an advanced clinical practitioner (ACP) or consultant radiographer you may wish to include modules such as, professional development, leadership and interprofessional working & evidence-based practice.
You are required to undertake at Least 1 of the clinical specialist units for PGCert, and 2 for PGDip. To complete the masters programme individuals will then be looking to complete the Research or Audit methods with clinical audit or Dissertation.Clinical Placement
You will need to have a clinical placement secured before entry to the course.
Following the theory aspect of the course, you will work with your practise educator in your placement, applying the theory and honing your practical skills.
You will be supported during this time by your practise educator as well as the academic team here at the University, who will have regular interaction to help you along the way.
These may include webinars, meetings, placement visits, and other modes of communication.
Information for international students
- Please note to be accepted onto this course; you will also need to demonstrate that you meet the minimum standards of English. For this course, applicants are required to achieve the equivalent of an IELTS (academic) score of 7.0 or above with no less than 6.0 in each section.
- As this is a part time course we are unable to sponsor international students who require a student visa.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time36-48 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
- Distance learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details