Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Months of entry
Within the complex and evolving global culinary industry, there is an increasing need for businesses to develop solutions that will respond to consumer trends and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. With an emphasis on innovation within the field of culinary arts and management, this programme aims to prepare students to shape the future of the industry with a creative, sustainable and entrepreneurial approach.
Culinary innovation, customer experience management, management and operational structure are examined within a global context, with an emphasis on positive sustainable change and development within the business of food.
- This unique Master’s combines the study of culinary arts, business and management in a global context with a focus on innovation, sustainability, customer experience and entrepreneurship.
- Le Cordon Bleu is an internationally recognised leader in the teaching of culinary arts with a team of classically trained master chefs, and wine and hospitality professionals. Its London centre is within close proximity to Birkbeck which enables students to move between both sites easily.
- Based in the School of Business, Economics and Informatics, the Department of Management is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Advice Service
- +44 (0)20 3907 0700