Our standard postgraduate entry requirement is a second-class honours degree (2:2 or above) from a UK university, or an equivalent international qualification.
We will review every postgraduate application to Birkbeck on its individual merits and your professional qualifications and/or relevant work experience will be taken into consideration positively. We actively support and encourage applications from mature learners.
On your application form, please list all your relevant qualifications and experience, including those you expect to achieve.
Months of entry
Within the complex and evolving global culinary industry, there is an increasing need for businesses to develop solutions that will respond to consumer trends and increase customer satisfaction and loyalty. With an emphasis on innovation within the field of culinary arts and management, this course aims to prepare you to shape the future of the industry with a creative, sustainable and entrepreneurial approach.
Culinary innovation, customer experience management, management and operational structure are examined within a global context, with an emphasis on positive sustainable change and development within the business of food.
- This unique Master’s combines the study of culinary arts, business and management in a global context with a focus on innovation, sustainability, customer experience and entrepreneurship.
- Le Cordon Bleu London is a world-renowned network of educational institutions dedicated to providing the highest level of culinary and hospitality instruction through world-class courses. The school combines innovation with creativity and tradition through its bachelor's and master's degrees in business that focus on the demands of a growing international hospitality industry.
- Birkbeck is an internationally recognised centre of excellence in teaching, research and consultancy in the broad field of management. Our academic staff are active researchers as well as enthusiastic teachers, and regularly publish cutting-edge articles in the world's leading journals.
- We have particular research strengths in international business and strategy, the management of innovation and entrepreneurship, human resource management, corporate governance, sport management and marketing, as well as financial management and accounting.
- You will have access to Moodle, our online learning resource where all information and materials relating to your programme of study and modules are available, as well as the Birkbeck Library and e-Library.
Graduates can pursue a range of careers in the culinary industry, including:
- product development
- operations management
- management positions in hospitality organisations
- education and food writing
- business development
- start-up and corporate entrepreneurship.
We offer a comprehensive careers service - Careers and Enterprise - your career partner during your time at Birkbeck and beyond. At every stage of your career journey, we empower you to take ownership of your future, helping you to make the connection between your experience, education and future ambitions.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language or you have not previously studied in English, our usual requirement is the equivalent of an International English Language Testing System (IELTS Academic Test) score of 6.5, with not less than 6.0 in each of the sub-tests.
If you don't meet the minimum IELTS requirement, we offer pre-sessional English courses and foundation programmes to help you improve your English language skills and get your place at Birkbeck.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Student Advice Service
- +44 (0)20 3907 0700