Applicants are required to meet one of the following options:
- An honours degree from a UK University (minimum 2:2) in a Finance related discipline
- An equivalent graduate level qualification from an overseas university or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2) in a finance related discipline
- Successful passing a Pre-Master's course approved by Birmingham City University
- Successful passing a Pre-Master's course at another UK university/institution with a minimum of 55 per cent average
Months of entry
Looking for a Masters in finance and investment? Work towards a career in the finance and investment industry with our MSc Finance and Investment course that is focused on the practical application of finance in the investment world.
Designed to equip you with technical knowledge and skills in line with the Chartered Financial Analyst Institute* qualification, as well as a range of employability attributes, the course will encourage your development and commitment in becoming an investment professional. As you progress, you will become more effective and creative in problem solving, as well as being able to critically advise individuals and companies in the UK and abroad.
The first semester of the course will provide a solid grounding in finance and supporting practices and its importance in business, ensuring you are fully prepared to make informed decisions as your study route in semester two and three.
During the second semester of the course, there will be more flexible learning opportunities that will enable you to specialise in particular subject areas, as well as allowing you to tailor your course to a specific career aim.
Based at the University’s new campus in the UK’s second city, you’ll live and study in a vibrant environment and engage with local, national and international businesses. You will be taught by highly-qualified academics with industrial and professional experience.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)121 331 5595