An honours degree of a British University or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2). Alternatives include:
- An equivalent graduate level qualification from an overseas university or equivalent institution (minimum 2:2)
- A pre-masters programme approved by Birmingham City University
- A pre-masters programme with a minimum of 55% average
Months of entry
Want to study a Master’s in business management in Birmingham? Our MSc Management and International Business degree is accredited by the Chartered Management Institute (CMI).
Our Management and International Business course teaches you the fundamental skills and attributes you need to become a successful international manager. You’ll become adept at strategic and tactical business decisions, understanding international cultural differences, and managing and motivating staff in businesses on an international scale.
You will experience working in internationally diverse student team based projects collaborating to deliver effective and professional reports and presentations as part of module assessments reflecting the professional practice of international management. Throughout the course, the course team will give you the support you need to realise your potential and we look forward to working with you to develop your knowledge, understanding and skills for the career of your choice.
Initially in the first stage, you will examine the key challenges faced by global businesses to fully appreciate the complexity and dynamics of leadership and management practice. This will see you broaden your skills in organisation, communication and working with others, particularly within an increasingly diverse cultural context.
During the second stage of your course, you will begin to explore the complexity of international operations management integrated with corporate social responsibility, sustainability and the role of innovation. You’ll be taught international strategy while also developing your research skills in preparation for your major project.
The final core Major Project module is tailored to your career aspirations. The module provides three project options;
- A work-based study route enabling you to relate the project to a current employer;
- A ‘consultancy project’ option where you find a client who has an international business problem that you feel you can solve;
- A traditional dissertation involving an in-depth exploration of both the theory and practice of international business using primary research.
Whatever route you choose, it will give you the opportunity to identify a topic and industry of your choice related to your specialist area of International Business tailoring your degree to enhance your employability for your final chosen career destination. Previous projects have involved International marketing strategy, global supply chain management in the food sector and sustainability issues in the sourcing of cotton.
Information for international students
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Postgraduate Enquiries
- +44 (0)121 331 5595