- You should have or expect to gain at least an upper second-class bachelor's degree in a relevant subject area.
- You should be able to demonstrate prior experience of work in television, media production or other media related areas.
- Your achievements should clearly demonstrate a keen interest in the television sector.
- You are advised to read around the subject of media and to explore examples. Your application should demonstrate your ability to generate and develop ideas, as judged by the MA team.
- We welcome non-traditional applications, particularly from applicants with substantial professional or production experience. It may also be possible to award module credits via APL/APEL if you can provide evidence of prior learning.
Months of entry
The MA Media Production course gives you the opportunity to kick start or further your career in the television and radio industries. The course offers a clear progression pathway for students who have already completed undergraduate studies in television or radio.
For those who already have industry experience, or are looking to change career path, the course provides the chance to learn additional skills and apply professional media practice to your existing resume.
While this is largely a practical course that will give you the professional skills you’ll need to work in a fast-paced, real world television or radio environment, you’ll also study production theory.
You’ll develop a detailed knowledge of how both mediums work today and how they are constantly evolving. Professional practice is embedded into the course which will prepare you for a career in either the television or radio industries. You’ll also use your academic thinking to evaluate the current state of digital media, giving you the opportunity to reflect critically on your own performance.
Information for international students
If your first language is not English, you must have achieved an IELTS 6.0 overall with 5.5 minimum in all bands.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)121 331 5595