An undergraduate degree (2.1 and above) in the same subject, or a very closely related subject, equivalent qualifications or professional experience.
A digital portfolio that shows examples of creative visual work, including developmental work and final outcomes. Please include at least 15-20 pieces highlighting your area of practice.
As part of your application please include the following:
- Highlight any competition entries and live projects, exhibitions, collaborations (if applicable).
- Highlight any evidence of industry experience (if applicable).
- Produce an essay or other written assignment, which demonstrates your ability to conduct research related to art and design and shows your knowledge of historical or contemporary creative practice.
Months of entry
Our MA Visual Communication course is interdisciplinary and specialist in approach, reflecting the dynamic and contemporary practices within the creative industries. We create innovators and leaders in the field of visual communication, challenging and stimulating you to produce original, cutting edge work and research.
You'll be able to specialise by choosing one of 5 awards:
- MA Visual Communication
- MA Visual Communication (Photography)
- MA Visual Communication (Graphic Communication)
- MA Visual Communication (Illustration)
- MA Visual Communication (Film and Animation).
The structure of our course is designed with imaginative approaches to visual practice in the creative industries. As a creative practitioner you are inspired to create and engage with industry alongside taught elements. Throughout the course you will have the chance to develop deep specialist knowledge in graphic communication, photography, illustration, film and animation, and research. The course provides an immersive and advanced learning experience for both advanced practitioners and recent graduates within the broad field of visual communication.
Our course is designed to provide you with the best possible chance to further your skills and widen your knowledge of the communication arts and industries. The programme is rooted in practice, teaching you interdisciplinary design and research processes.
Information for international students
IELTS 6.0 overall with 5.5 minimum in all bands.
Fees and funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Course Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)121 331 5595