Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. Applicants should be a registered social work or healthcare professional. For post-experience and professional qualifications, there may be additional entry requirements set by the association or institute that ultimately administers the qualification in question.
Months of entry
Why study MA Leading and Developing Services at BU
- This course is designed to fit in with the busy schedules of leaders and managers, so it is part-time, over a maximum of 5 years, and is delivered largely in monthly two-day blocks
- It will prepare you to take on first line, middle and senior management positions and supports organisation leadership and management strategies
- Focus on your own leadership and management practice and have a positive and direct impact on service outcomes
- Assessments demand the application of theory to organisational situations to gauge the development of your own skills and knowledge, and your organisation will be aware of your increasing effectiveness.
Who is this course for
This course is primarily designed to meet the management development needs of leaders or managers already in post. This includes supervisors, team leaders, first line managers, middle and senior managers. However experienced professionals who aspire to a management career may also access the course as long as they have supervisory responsibilities that allow them to complete the practice assessments. As this course offers a good grounding in strategic management, it is suitable for managers currently in first line and middle manager positions who may be seeking promotion to a senior position.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 6.0 (Academic) with a minimum of 6.0 in each component or equivalent
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information.
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- part time36 - 60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916