Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject. Part One or Part Two registration on the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) register; training contract or secondment from a 0-19 years' service provider/NHS employer.
Months of entry
Course contentWhy study BSc/PG Dip Public Health Nurse (Health Visiting) at BU?
- On this course, you'll demonstrate achievement of the ‘Standards of Proficiency’ required by the Nursing & Midwifery Council (NMC) for registration as a Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) Health Visitor.
- You’ll be exposed to the breadth and depth of public health working and demonstrate your ability to participate safely in the practice of Health Visiting.
- Prepare to lead and manage the delivery of the Healthy Child Programme (DH 2009) provision in collaboration with other health and early year providers.
- The course is an equal split of theory and practice-based study, with theory learning at BU and practice learning supported by a practice teacher within your seconding NHS Trust.
- Applicants should apply via their local 0-19 years’ service provider adverts for Specialist Community Public Health Nurse (SCPHN) Health Visitor studentships/training contracts.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS 7.0 (Academic) with a mininum of 5.5. in each component, or equivalent.
Fees and funding
This course is commissioned by the local NHS trust so there are no fees.
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961916