A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject.
Applicants are also required to submit a portfolio in support of their application for this course.
Months of entry
This truly international course will provide you with a strong theoretical and technical underpinning for the principal areas of study focusing on the integration of computer graphics into film footage.
Why study MA Digital Effects at BU?
- Become proficient in acquisition filming, 3D animation and 2D compositing, facilitating your understanding of the entire digital effects pipeline
- Explore toolsets such as dynamics, green screen, tracking and digital assets in order to push yourself and your work to the next level of visual success
- Undertake multiple projects both individually and alongside students from across the NCCA Master's courses
- Benefit from visiting speaker talks from industry specialists, including some of our successful alumni
- Create a substantial and original project in preparation for the end of year degree show attended by top industry recruiters
- Access industry-standard facilities including a new green screen and motion capture studio, as well as animation labs, equipped with industry-standard software Houdini and Nuke.
Study at the National Centre for Computer Animation (NCCA)
The NCCA is one of the most established and highly regarded centres for computer graphics and animation education and research. As one of very few research-intensive animation centres in the UK, our expertise not only ensures our courses remain at the forefront of education, but also helps to define new industry practices.
The NCCA is ranked as the UK’s top animation school, second in Europe and third internationally (Animation Career Review, 2021).
This course is industry-recognised by ScreenSkills, the industry-led skills body for the UK’s screen-based industries, and carries the ScreenSkills Select quality-mark which indicates courses best suited to prepare students for a career in the screen industries.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.5 with a minimum of 6.0 in each component of writing, speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
This course is delivered by the National Centre for Computer Animation This programme normally takes students from art, design or media backgrounds. Students come from a broad range of areas including fine art, photography, architecture, fashion design, film-making and graphic design.
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0) 1202 961 916