Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in any subject, or equivalent.
Months of entry
The mix of broadcasting and online writing in this intensely practical course sharpens the defining elements of cutting-edge journalism. Using industry-standard facilities, you’ll take key roles on all of our media outlets.
Why study MA Multimedia Journalism at BU?
- Develop your skills in news writing, TV production, radio production, digital production, photography and web content management
- Gain an in-depth understanding of media regulation, issues with press and broadcasting freedoms and approaches to the role of journalism and journalists, along with ethical dilemmas and professional codes of conduct
- Attend weekly seminars structured in a news day format where you’ll learn how to produce your own radio and TV bulletins and packages
- Produce a portfolio of eye-catching, strikingly original stories to present to potential employers
- Publish your work on The Breaker, the news and features site run by BU’s MA Journalism students
- Benefit from BU’s close industry links through a three-week work placement with a major news organisation.
This course is accredited by the Broadcast Journalism Training Council (BJTC), the UK’s largest industry-backed higher education training body for multiplatform, broadcast and mobile journalism, this course will provide you with the necessary skills to undertake a successful career in this fast-paced industry.
Information for international students
If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 7.0 with a minimum of 6.5 in writing and 5.5 in each component of speaking, listening and reading.
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information.
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time12 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Multi-skilling defines this groundbreaking programme- the first in the UK to explore the full potential of multi-platform (convergent) news publishing. It is accredited by the Broadcast Journalism Training Council.
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0) 1202 961 916