For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels in required subjects, or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma DMM in a required subject. For more information check out our full entry requirements. Required subjects include Mathematics, and a Science or Technology subject.
International entry requirements:
For September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each component, or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.
Months of entry
Why study MEng (Hons) Mechanical Engineering at BU?
- As well as giving you a solid grounding in engineering, the course provides an inspirational insight into emerging technologies within the sector and how to apply them to real-world situations
- Learn from industry-seasoned academics, practitioners and guest speakers
- You’ll have access to state-of-the-art Innovation Centre, a designated space for Design and Engineering students
- Take part in a career-affirming minimum 30-week period in a work placement, helping you to make contacts and boost your potential within the profession
- Exhibit your work at the Festival of Design & Engineering, one of BU’s longest running events, giving the public and potential employers an insight into your work.
- You'll be career ready with 85% of graduates from our engineering courses in employment or further study after 15 months.
Accredited by Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) to fully meet the exemplifying academic benchmark requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng).
Fees and funding
Please check Bournemouth University course website for the latest tuition fees information. For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
MEng (Hons) 5 years full-time with a minimum 30-week placement or 4 years full-time. You will be enrolled onto the 5-year degree, but can opt out of the placement year
Course contact details
- Dr Ben Thomas