Visit the institution website for COVID‑19 updates
For September 2022 entry: 104 - 120 UCAS tariff points including a minimum of 2 A levels or equivalent. BTEC Extended Diploma: DMM. For more information check out our full entry requirements.
Months of entry
Why study MDes (Hons) Product Design at BU?
- Learn how to manufacture physical models and prototypes, as well as produce industry-standard computer models
- You'll follow the same programme as the BA (Hons)/BSc (Hons) Product Design until your final year
- Use state of the art facilities including a specialist CAD laboratory and our Innovation Centre
- Spend your third year on a work placement, gaining at least 30 weeks experience in a relevant industry
- Design your own original product and make a working prototype in your final year and exhibit it at our annual Festival of Design & Engineering
- Graduate with a range of skills allowing you to go into a range of careers in the industry from a designer through to production manager. Within 15 months of completing their course, 90% of our graduates were in employment or further study.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers to fully meet the requirements for Chartered Technological Product Designer (CTPD) registration for intakes between 2019-2023. Accredited courses are fully supported by the Institution, and IED student membership is free to full-time students for the duration of their studies.
Information for international students
For September 2022 entry: If English is not your first language you'll need IELTS (Academic) 6.0 with minimum 5.5 in each of the 4 components or equivalent. For more information check out our international entry requirements.
Fees and funding
For fees and funding information, please visit www.bournemouth.ac.uk/pg-funding
Qualification, course duration and attendance options
- full time60 months
- Campus-based learningis available for this qualification
Course contact details
- Future Students Enquiry Team
- +44 (0)1202 961 916